I have a MSc(hons) Masters Degree in Chinese Herbal Medicine from the University of Westminster in London.
Chinese Herbal Medicine is a comprehensive way to create a herbal prescription that can rebalance the body and treat illness.
Chinese Herbal Medicine works on the same diagnostic basis as Acupuncture. Its aim is to treat the presenting symptom and the underlying cause of disease by stimulating the body’s own healing ability. As with Acupuncture the process is one of looking for connections rather than reducing focus on a single symptom. With Chinese medicine several symptoms can have the same underlying cause.
Chinese Medicine recognises that health is more than just the absence of disease and it can both maintain and enhance our capacity for well being. A herbal prescription usually contains about 9-18 different herbs which when combined work synergistically to create an effective treatment.
Some commonly presented conditions seen is the herb clinic are:
- Skin disease, including eczema, psoriasis, acne, rosacea, urticaria
- Gastro-intestinal disorders, including irritable bowel syndrome, chronic constipation, ulcerative colitis
- Gynecological conditions, including pre-menstrual syndrome and dysmenorrheal, endometriosis, infertility
- Chronic fatigue syndromes, whether with a background of viral infection or in other situations
- Respiratory conditions, including asthma, bronchitis, and chronic coughs, allergic and perennial rhinitis and sinusitis
- Rheumatological conditions (e.g. osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis)
- Urinary conditions including chronic cystitis
- Psychological problems (e.g. depression, anxiety)
- Muscular Skeletal, including acute and chronic back pain, sciatica
Cost of herbs
An average prescription will cost £15/ £20 per week
Appointments available in person BN3 Brighton and Hove or UK nation wide via Zoom or Skype dscottconnect @ gmail.com or call 07411789333